The ever-popular 2016 version of the Porsche Cayenne has begun to wind down production. This means that it is time for a complete overhaul of this much-loved SUV. Recently, Porsche announced that the new model of 2017 Porsche Cayenne would be coming this year. They have given it a complete overhaul too, boasting features which have already attracted a ton of praise when placed in their other vehicles. If you are looking for an SUV which successfully combines both looks and performance, then look no further than this one.
2017 Porsche Cayenne – Body Style Changes and Trims:
The Porsche has worked incredibly hard to pack as many features as possible into their vehicles. Since this is a Porsche car, you can expect that the highest standards of comfort have been upheld. This is a five-seater SUV, and everybody has more than enough space to remain comfortable, even on the longest of car journeys. The exact features that you will get inside of your vehicle will be dependent on the exact model of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne that you purchase.
– The standard model of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne comes with a telescopic-and-tilt steering wheel, 7″ touchscreen display for your navigation system and for the controlling of various pieces of equipment in the car, eight-way power front seats, reclining car seats, and a USB slot for those who wish to connect their smartphone to the music system. 18″ alloy wheels are standard here.
– The S version of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne boasts an adjustable power steering wheel, parking sensors on the front and rear of the car, and variable steering which is sensitive to speed. Mirror mounted turn signals improve the look on the outside of the vehicle.
– The SE-Hybrid version of the vehicle provides complete energy management details on the 7″ display of the vehicle, suspension dampers, and connectivity to your smartphone.
– The GTS has a sports exhaust, suede upholstery, and a variety of smaller changes to the exterior of the vehicle. This includes tinted taillights. The foglights have a LED upgrade. Inside of the vehicle, you have 14-way power front seats and air suspension.
You can add a variety of different ‘packages’ to your vehicle to change the interior or exterior based upon your own individual needs. The premium package is probably going to be the most desired here as it includes a monitor for your blind spot, lane departure warning system, and LED headlights which automatically adapt to conditions.
2017 Porsche Cayenne – Engine Options:
As with every model of vehicle that Porsche has ever worked on, they have strived to attain the best possible performance with their 2017 Porsche Cayenne. Even the base version of the vehicle boasts some of the best performance in its price range. All of the vehicles have an 8-speed auto transmission system. This reduces fuel consumption by ensuring that the engine is switched off every time the vehicle comes to a halt. It may save only a little, but with the price of gas nowadays, every little helps!
– The base version of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne has a 3.6 liter V6 engine. Whilst the exact specs are currently unknown, it is expected that it will offer 300 hp and 295 pounds of torque. This will get you from 0-60 in a shade over 7 seconds. City mpg will be 21 and highway 19. The diesel version of the same engine will put out 240 hp and 406 pounds of torque. It offers 20 in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
– The S version will come equipped with a 3.6 liter V6 engine. This will result in a substantial power boost. This is 420 hp and 406 pounds of torque. Fuel economy is a touch lower than the standard version of the Cayenne with 17 City and 24 on the highway.
– The GTS version has much the same engine but puts out 440 hp. This will get you from 0-60 in less than five seconds.
– The hybrid comes equipped with a 3.0 liter V6 engine. This has an efficiency rating of 21 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
– The Turbo version of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne has a 4.8 liter V8 engine. With 520 hp and a torque of 553 pounds, this makes it the most powerful vehicle in the range. It can reach 60 mph in just over 4 seconds.
2017 Porsche Cayenne – Price and Release Date:
Whilst the exact launch date of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne has yet to be determined, it is expected that it will start to be delivered in the coming fall. You are already able to place your order for the model, with the current price starting at $60,650 for the most basic model. Different trims will command different prices, with the hybrid version of the vehicle expected to fetch $82,650.